April 7th through April 20th, PVHS will have state testing. During this time, ALL STUDENTS WHO ARE NOT TESTING will be operating on a 2 hour delay schedule, with classes beginning at 10 AM.
Students who ride the bus are still able to ride the bus to school at 8 AM, but they will spend 8 to 10 AM in their first period class in a study hall environment. If a student drives or has a ride, they can arrive at 10 AM as if it is a typical 2-hour delay, but they MUST be here by 10 AM.
IF A STUDENT IS TESTING, THEY ARE REQUIRED TO BE HERE AT 8 AM TO TEST! This is a state mandated requirement that IS REQUIRED TO GRADUATE FROM HIGH SCHOOL and therefore students are legally required to take the tests listed below.
Freshmen and Sophomores will be the majority of the students testing.
As a result, the Freshmen will be required to be here at 8 AM on the dates below:
1. Monday, April 12th, 2021 (Algebra I EOC)
2. Tuesday, April 13th, 2021 (Algebra I EOC)
3. Friday, April 16th, 2021 (Biology EOC)]
4. Tuesday, April 20th, 2021 (American History EOC)
Meanwhile, the sophomores will be required to be here at 8 AM on the following dates:
1. Wednesday, April 7th, 2021 (ELA II EOC)
2. Thursday, April 8th, 2021 (ELA II EOC)
3. Friday, April 9th, 2021 (Government EOC)
4. Wednesday, April 14th, 2021 (Geometry EOC)
5. Thursday, April 15th, 2021 (Geometry EOC)
6. Monday, April 19th, 2021 (Biology EOC)
If a student is not a 9th grader and is taking one of the Sophomore only classes (ELA II, Government, or Geometry), they will need to be here on that test day at 8 AM. The same rule applies for any other student taking one of the following classes, regardless of what grade they are in: ELA II, Algebra I, Geometry, Government, American History and Biology.